Acquisitions play a key role in a company’s growth. The right plan can expand a company’s product line or customer base, or be an effective way to acquire new technologies, distribution channels, or management talent and expertise. However, the wrong plan could ultimately risk the acquiring company’s asset because of unpleasant surprises, underestimated risks, and integration difficulties.
We can assist in a variety of transactions, including strategic acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, going private, joint ventures and strategic alliances. With extensive experience in investment banking and corporate finance, Spencer Edwards’ professionals can help clients through all phases of the merger integration and acquisition process, including:
- Identifying and contacting potential acquisition targets
- Assisting in the preparation of cash flow models on target companies
- Establishing a value range for identified targets
- Assessing the economic impact of the transaction
- Advising on the structuring of a transaction
- Conducting financial and operational due diligence with accountants and attorneys
- Assisting in obtaining transaction financing
- Assisting and advising clients and legal advisors throughout the final closing process
- Assisting and advising on the development and execution of an overall integration plan
Small cap public companies have a greater burden in achieving full value in mergers and acquisitions. Often there exists a disconnect between operating performance and stock price performance. Spencer Edwards is effective at analyzing, addressing, and rectifying this disconnect.